Join Next Episode
Quick Account Setup
Add your shows and see the site populate with them
Calendar and Homepage with your shows only
Track your watched episodes and see new ones come out
Define search engines to find episodes with one click
Get suggestions for new shows based on what you watch
Have your stuff on our 5 stars, free
Many other neat features and customizations
allow some super rare emails
Create and Sign In
or sign in with
to Next Episode
or sign in with
House of the Dragon
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power
The Last of Us
The Umbrella Academy
The Handmaid's Tale
Rick and Morty
Star Trek: Discovery
The Good Doctor
The Wheel of Time
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Only Murders in the Building
Superman & Lois
American Horror Story
The Morning Show
The White Lotus
Sun Jan 24, 2021
Cosmetic site updates and a new feature
To make the
show details pages
easier to navigate and tighten up the respective sub-pages (for the trailer, cast and episodes) I've just released a few changes:
there is now a new shortcuts menu (for main info, episodes, cast and trailer) under each show image
the sub-pages no longer show up "above" the show details page (with an X to close them)
sub-page has been redesigned for better readability, especially on mobile
In addition, there is a new section on the homepage
Discover Other Great Shows
Let me know what you think of the above changes and how those work for you. Cheers!
comment # 1 by
comment # 2 by
comment # 3 by
looks good :)
Could you add the "watched-status" in the episodes sub-page and an option to mark episodes as watched/unwatched?
comment # 4 by
Looks great, a good improvement. Thanks
comment # 5 by
I like idea to have "watched-status" in the episodes sub-page and an option to mark episodes as watched/unwatched. TY!
comment # 6 by
comment # 7 by
comment # 8 by
Nice, I love seeing usability updates!
comment # 9 by
@jon & scushman
I'm very curious to learn what your work flow / use case is so that having the watched status (and the ability to toggle it) makes sense in there?
Having all unwatched episodes from all your shows "pile up" in the Episodes page, here:
makes the most sense to me and I don't understand why anyone would want the seen status elsewhere, so I want to find out what I'm missing here.
It may happen, but I need to understand how and why it'd be used!
comment # 10 by
Good changes. Is there any chance for a filter that allows us to single out/exclude certain things or filter them out ? Like for example if I want to discover new shows to not have the cartoons/animes listed ? Just an idea.
comment # 11 by
Nice change, the new layout has that more modern feel to it. Flows well, looks less cluttered, was not sure at first but it only takes a few minutes to get to grips with the new changes. Thanks for all of your hard work, take care.
comment # 12 by
DON'T CARE FOR THE DATE AT THE END
comment # 13 by
just from the top of my head:
- My episdode watchlist is rather long and I have to scroll forever to reach a show to mark it as watched.
- After watching a show, intuitively I would search for the show in the search-box and get to the details page where I would like to mark it as watched.
- If I see on the homepage that a new season of a show is starting today or tomorrow or has aired yesterday and I don't remember if I watched the last season. Then it would be nice to see the watched status on the Episode sub-page without scrolling through the list on the tracking page.
- The Tracking page also lists all the shows with "the" in the beginning at "T", sometimes I don't remember if the show is with or without the article and have to search for it twice. Using the search-box I find the show regardless and faster.
- It would also be easier to set the watched status on the Episodes sub-page of a show I disabled tracking for (to reduce the size of the watchlist). Right now I have to scroll down to the bottom, enable tracking, scroll down to the show, mark the episode as watched and then disable tracking again (if I don't plan on watching anymore for now).
The episode table with air dates is already there, so it would be just another column :)
comment # 14 by
@jon: regarding the tracking: yes, that would be great to enable/disable on a show's show page (too) :)
comment # 15 by
Thnx santah! Nice cosmetic updates and additions. I also like jon's suggestion regarding an additional place to mark episodes as watched/unwatched from the Episodes Guide and Summaries sub-page. And making it easier to set the watched status of an episode pertaining to a show that's currently not being tracked for a few of the same reasons explained above.
comment # 16 by
@jon You find your shows easily by using CTRL+f (on PC) On the mobile you can set it to chronological or alphabetically as you wish.
comment # 17 by
@jon - "The Tracking page also lists all the shows with "the" in the beginning at "T", sometimes I don't remember if the show is with or without the article[...]"
THIS!!! It's basically the only feature I've lobbied for on next-episode, to remove articles from titles when listing alphabetically. :p
comment # 18 by
comment # 19 by
Great changes! Loving all those new trailers, thank you!
Would also like aquired and watched status on series page with tick boxes checked/unchecked depending on status.
Why? Hard drive crash no backup and rebuilding my library.
Having one page to reference everything I have done will save hours of going back and forth from episodes tab to series page season pages.
comment # 20 by
comment # 21 by
Please log in first to post a comment.
request a show